Two Kurdish civilians named Ramin Fatehi and Ramin Karami have lost their lives as a result of torture and shooting by Iranian military-security forces in Sanandaj, Kurdistan province, and Kermanshah, Kermanshah province, in the past few days.

On 21 October, the office of the Ministry of Intelligence in Sanandaj summoned the family of Fatehi, one of the detainees of the recent protests. It informed them that he had committed suicide and lost his life in the detention centre of the ministry.

Fatehi’s brother, Chiako Fatehi, denied the intelligence ministry’s allegations, saying his brother was killed under torture.

“Last night, a relative went to Behesht-e Mohammadi [cemetery] to identify the body. After the body was identified, his body was secretly buried in Behesht-e Mohammadi without the family’s knowledge”, said the brother.

On 13 October, security forces arrested Ramin Fatehi, and his other brother Wrya Fatehi, in Sanandaj. Their sister Rad Fatehi was also arrested the next day.

So far, there has been no information about the fates of Wrya and Rad Fatehi.

In addition, a source that spoke to the Kurdistan Human Rights Network (KHRN) reported that security forces killed a 31-year-old civilian named Ramin Karami during the recent public protests in Kermanshah.

According to the source, Karami was shot and wounded by the security forces on 12 October during the public protests in Kermanshah.

Security forces informed his family of his death eight days later.

The source added that the burial ceremony of Karami’s body was held on 20 October with the large presence of security forces in Sarpol-e Zahab, Kermanshah province.

Security agencies also received a written commitment from the civilian’s family that they would not speak to the media about their child’s death.

Military-security forces killed 39 protesters in Kurdish cities

Nationwide protests broke out in Iran after a 22-year-old Kurdish woman named Mahsa (Zhina) Amini died on 16 September after she was hospitalised following her arrest and torture by the morality police in Tehran.

Amini was arrested on 13 September for allegedly violating hijab rules and was beaten by the morality police on the way to a detention facility.

Since the beginning of the protests, military-security forces killed at least 39 protesters, including at least five children, in Orumiyeh, Oshnavieh, Piranshahr, Divandarreh, Saqqez, Sanandaj, Marivan, Kermanshah, Eslamabad-e Gharb, Ilam, Bukan, Qazvin, Varamin and Karaj as a result of shooting or torturing.

During this period, military-security forces shot and injured more than 800 protesters and detained more than 2,000 civilians.