Information received by the Kurdistan Human Rights Network (KHRN) suggests that Edris Feqhi, a member of the Kurdistan Free Life Party (PJAK), previously reported to have lost his life in a clash, is alive.

Reportedly, Feqhi is being held in the detention centre of the Intelligence Organisation of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) in Orumiyeh, West Azerbaijan province.

Previous reports had stated that the PJAK member was killed during a clash between the PJAK and IRGC forces in Bukan, West Azerbaijan province, on 24 July.

A Kurdish activist who recently spent part of his detention in the same detention facility spoke to the Kurdistan Human Rights Network (KHRN).

He said that Edris Feqhi was also being held in the detention centre of the Intelligence Organisation of the IRGC, known as Haft-e Tir.

Another source also told the KHRN that several residents of the areas where the clashes took place “witnessed” that IRGC forces arrested Feqhi.

These eye-witnesses said the PJAK member was wounded at the time of the arrest.

According to the findings of the KHRN, Edris Feqhi managed to hide after a clash between members of the PJAK and forces of the IRGC.

Two days later, forces of the IRGC’s Hamzeh Seyyed al-Shohada base arrested him as he was wounded.

IRGC forces first transferred him to the security institution’s Arefian Hospital in Orumiyeh. They then took him to its detention centre.

Feqhi has since been interrogated and tortured to make a confession, despite his poor physical condition caused by the gunshot wounds.

Meanwhile, his family, who live in Sanandaj, Kurdistan province, have repeatedly asked the security institutions and judicial authorities in Bukan and Orumiyeh for information about their son’s fate in the past two months.

So far, authorities have not officially informed the family neither about the arrest nor death of the PJAK member.

On 24 July, forces of the IRGC’s Hamzeh Seyyed al-Shohada base ambushed a group of PJAK members in the mountainous heights of the Alamabad village in Bukan, and a fierce clash took place between the two groups for several minutes.

On 27 July, the IRGC-affiliated Tasnim News Agency reported that two members of a Kurdish party had been killed and one wounded member had been arrested, quoting the Hamzeh Seyyed al-Shohada base.

On 6 August, the PJAK also confirmed that two of its members, Edris Feqhi, from Sanandaj, and Mohsen Ghaderi, from Bukan, had been killed in an armed clash with the IRGC near Bukan.